Speaker Advice Needed Please!!

I Currently Have AudioEngine A5s which are great, but if possible would prefer something which is a bit better for DJing through. Will be used mainly for DJing and connected to my computer where I play my music. I'm a student so on a tight-ish budget of 0-200.

What do y'all think?
Cheers

PSM1

Distinguished Member
are you looking for active speakers or a stereo amp and pair of standmounts? £200 would get you a stereo amp for£100 and pair if speakers (Monitor audio BR1 again £100 as an example). The amp/speaker route should give a better overall sound and allow easier upgrading in the future. If happy to go secondhand then can get better kit for the same money or the same quality for less.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
I'm going to extend what PSM1 has said.

I think you need to be more specific. That is tell us what you want and are doing in detail, and what you expect the budget to buy you?

Is this home and small party DJing, or nightclub/auditorium? We need a frame work.

You can certainly get some nice PA speakers for that money, though they are certainly not going to have the response or be as refined as a stereo speaker, but they will be loud.

You might even be able to find some cheap Active (built-in amps) speakers for roughly that price.

But, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Your expectations have to be in line with your budget.

I don't think anyone can make any productive recommendation until you explain what you want, and what you intend to do, in more detail.

Do you need 15" speaker, or would 8" speaker do? This is based on the nature of how you use the speakers.

Speaker with built-in amps, or separate amps and speaker? Again, your budget is lean, so either way you will be picking from the bottom of the barrel. Though, once we understand what you need and how you intend to use it, we can probably come up with some good recommendations.

Good places to start are -

Hard to Find Records - PA & DJ Equipment, as well as stereos

DJ Equipment, Musical Instruments, Guitars, PA Systems and Lighting at HTFR

Dolphin Music - Musical Instruments, Home Recording, PA, DJing, etc...

Dolphin Music - Guitars, Amps, Musical Instruments and Pro Audio Equipment Online

If you are looking for big DJ speakers at truly bargain prices, and can afford an separate amp to drive them, you'll not find a better bargain that this -

Wharfedale XARUS5000-BLACK from Hughes Direct

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom