1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker advice for home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by juan9999, Jun 26, 2003.

1. juan9999

juan9999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for budget (around 200 pound) home cinema speakers to go with an amp that I'm considering purchasing.

I'd like them to be as small as possible but with good sound at low volumes and not to bass heavy (my wife already screams at me when the TV is above medium!)

I'm also looking for an AV amp that also handles RGB inputs (2) + 1 AV (composite) (posted in Amp section)

I'd like it to:
    - be around 200 pounds
    - be slim
    - Good processor (and sound) for both homecinema and stereo

The only thing I've found so far is the pioneer vsxc301 and the
    cheapest I've found it is for 199 at the following address
    http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsxc301/index.htm

Thanks for your help.

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    Juan

You could do worse than visit places like Richer Sounds. They often have speaker packages in which should more than satisfy your needs at that price level. on their website richersounds.com there are at least 6 packages from the likes of mission, Yamaha and Eltax on there.

They also do loads of receivers by Sony, Panasonic, Marantz etc. OK some of it is last years gear, but hey, it's usually half the price.

ALternatively pick up a copy of What HiFi and see what's being sold in other budget stores.

Hope this helps.

BTW I got my kit from RS and had no problems at all with. Only advice is get to a store off peak as they ridiculously busy. Or by off the web.

Cheers

Chris