Speaker A/B Test Switch

sjackson

Has anyone experience with speaker switches for A/B testing?

So a single amplifier into a box that feeds two sets of speakers. Some sort of switch that controls which set of speakers are being used.

Basically I want to live test two sets of speakers to see which I prefer without having to reconnect speakers cables. My amp doesn't have Sp1/Sp2 outputs.

Any recommendations for such a device?

Orobas

Has anyone experience with speaker switches for A/B testing?

So a single amplifier into a box that feeds two sets of speakers. Some sort of switch that controls which set of speakers are being used.

Basically I want to live test two sets of speakers to see which I prefer without having to reconnect speakers cables. My amp doesn't have Sp1/Sp2 outputs.

Any recommendations for such a device?
You will want something like a Beresford TC-7220 for that .. @Ugg10 will know the right box for sure so i have tagged him with this comment

3rdignis

Hear Here

I bought the Beresford TC-7220 for speaker comparisons, but equally good for amplifier comparisons - even cable comparisions. The important feature of this unit is that it "breaks before it makes" so no danger of connecting 2 amplifiers together in error. Peter

Khazul

One issue to consider - if A/B the speakers then this still will not be a true A/B as they will not be in exactly the same place so even two pairs of identical speakers may sound slightly different in a room.

Kapkirk

One issue to consider - if A/B the speakers then this still will not be a true A/B as they will not be in exactly the same place so even two pairs of identical speakers may sound slightly different in a room.
You can mitigate this effect slightly by having both pairs staggered, ie; 1 on the inside, 1 on the outside instead of having 2 on outside and 2 on inside.

Hear Here

Easily got round by doing tests in 2 parts - Pair 1 in "optimal" position and the other pair outside or inside (or one inside and the other outsise) - then switch with Pair 2 in prime position.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom