1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speak configs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hitz, Dec 27, 2001.

1. hitz

hitz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering how to set up my SONY STRDB940 reciver to work best with the BOSE AM15 system.

The reciever has levels / and freq responses for all channels.
    (i.e - Fronts - 10db
    Fronts - Bass- 100Hz - 1Khz
    Fronts - Mid - 1Khz - 5Khz
    Fronts - Tweet - 5Khz - 10Khz

It has this for all channels - and im struggling to get the best setup. Im not too sure what db levels and Khz to set the channels too.

Any ideas - to get the best sound.
    Does anyone else have a similar setup.

Thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I can answer part of the question but have no experience of Bose so have no idea of the cut offs.

To set the decibel levels, use the test ones in the amplifier which will cycle round all of the speakers in turn so that you can adjust them to give the same volume. Ideally you could do with a sound pressure meter to ensure that all speakers are level but "ears" will do at a pinch.

The standard cut off level on the Sony 1070 is 120Hz which is a good starting off place but have a look at any manual or technical specs that came with the speakers.

Whatever the lowest frequency that the sats will go down to is your starting off point and gradually increase until the relationship between sub and sat is seamless.

A good test disc is the region 1 version of T2 which has a set of Dolby Test tones on it.

hope this helps

Ian