1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spdif sound problem

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by drgonzo, Nov 13, 2004.

1. drgonzo

drgonzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a problem outputting spdif from my soundcard to my yamaha vx-650 amp via optical so it can decode it, the soundcard is soundblaster extigy I installed the latest drivers to enable spdif throughput and enabled it.I have been trying to use power dvd and zoomplayer.
    With powerdvd I had some success but the dts sound kept cutting in and out,and trying to enable PLII I think, with zoomplayer the amp did not recognise the signal at all and reverted to neo6 surround.
    I would like to know what to try next so im not going about in circles like I have been for the last 12 hrs.

winxp pro
    2.4gig celeron
    nvidia geforce3 ti500
    soundblaster extigy
    pioneer108 dvd/rw
    512k crucial

many thanks in advance :) for any help

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've no experience of an Extigy so this is a shot in the dark .. with my Audigy I have to go into the Surround Mixer applet and turn off the 'Decode AC3' option to make the driver work in SPD/IF pass-through mode, could that be needed for the Extigy I wonder?

3. drgonzo

drgonzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for the late reply many thanks for your help,I have been busy with other projects but have come back to this and found that an update of the drivers gave me an option to pasthrough the spidif siginal as ypu said in the applet. many thanks for your input :)

drgonzo