Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SPDIF help with MSI mobo please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nomadicentre, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Nomadicentre

Nomadicentre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've got an MSI K7N2G-L mobo and I bought the extra S-bracket for SPDIF optical out. I plugged it into the mobo and installed the latest nvidia system drivers.

2 questions:

1) I can't get the thing to work - sound still comes out of the old green line-out socket. How do I get sound to come out of the optical cable instead?

2) That Nvidia sndstorm.exe thing doesn't work (fails to initialize), and I don't have the "sound setup" option the motherboard manual shows - I click on the advanced properties of the audio/volume thing and did click line out microphone out, and changed the speakers to 5.1 - but I'm wondering if that really does the trick?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    you need to reinstall your motherboard drivers. Its that soundstorm control panel that gives you access to the spdif options.