1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPDIF cable

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Julia, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've finished building my first HCPC, but the only thing I still need to do is the cable connection between the SPDIF jack connection from the PC to the receiver.

There are 2 SPDIF jacks (one optical and one coaxial) and I don't know what cable I need (as the jacks are so tiny).:confused:

Any sugesstion of a suitable cable is much appreciated.

Julia

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    For the coax mini jack you can use a mono mini jack to RAC converter. RS do these for about 50p (http://rswww.com)

I think the optical mini connector is the same as those found on mini disc players. I have seen cables for those in regular shops like curries.

I would go for the mini jack to RCA converter and use a regular coax digital cable.

Jeff

3. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,

Thanks for your help. I've done a search at rswww.com to look for a mini jack to RCA converter, but I'm not sure to which one you refer to...:blush:

I'd really appreciate if you can point me in the right direction and give me the shortcut to the item you think it's best...

Thanks in advance,
    Julia

4. amordue

amordue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you can't find a specific mono minijack to RCA converter, you can just use a standard minijack to 2 RCA plug cable, and use the red(right) RCA plug to connect it to your receiver (thats what seem to work with the SB Live and Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcards)

Alex

5. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amordue,
    Thanks for your help.

Julia