Spartacus: Vengeance - Season 2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Cynthia Addai-Robinson has been recast as 'Naevia', originally played by Lesley-Ann Brandt in Season 1 and the prequel, Gods of the Arena.

Addai-Robinson_240.jpg

Back in January it was revealed Aussie actor Liam McIntyre was replacing Andy Whitfield.

Liam-McIntyre-spartacus-1.jpg

Returning and not returning characters;

• Gannicus (Dustin Clare), a gladiator who got his freedom at the end of the prequel season will return

• Spoiler -
Lucretia (Lucy Lawless), who had a nasty stab wound at the end of 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand,' will be back in season 2. "it was just a little poke in the tummy," Lucy Lawless told a recent press gathering. "Put a poultice on it, she'll be all right."

…we'll still get to see Lucy Lawless return as Lucretia in Season 2, as it was announced last month that her character, indeed, survived the Ludus bloodbath. “It's something we've talked about, going forward with each season, is trying to find that connective tissue of a villain – because obviously the hero will cross over through all the seasons – but trying to find a villain that can do it,” [Spartacus: Blood And Sand creator Steven S.]DeKnight said. “And I use the term ‘villain' loosely because not all are villains, they're just on the other side.

But to find someone on the opposing side and carry them through to the next season. I was adamant that both [Batiatus and Lucretia] were going to die. And that Luctretia was going to die, but then I had this idea and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with her. And it would be a great element to add to Season 2.” So does that mean that Lucretia will now be a changed woman? Will she have learned a valuable lesson? “Oh no,” DeKnight laughed. “She learns no lesson. Lucretia survives her wound but, as you can imagine, she's less than happy.”
<

&#8226; Crixus (Manu Bennett), a House of Batiatus champion and, eventually, a friend to Spartacus, will return for season 2.

&#8226; Oenomaus/Doctore (Peter Mensah) will be back also

&#8226; Ilythia (Viva Bianca) will return in Season 2, as you'll recall, once Ilythia saw members of Batiatus' household beginning their murderous rampage, she ensured that Lucretia and her husband were locked inside the house with their angry slaves

&#8226; Ashur (Nick E. Tarabay) will return

&#8226; Mira (Katrina Law), a slave who helped Spartacus in &#8216;Blood and Sand,' will return in Season 2.

&#8226; Vettius (Gareth Williams), a ludus owner and an enemy of Batiatus in &#8216;Gods of the Arena,' will not return in season 2.

&#8226; Legatus Glaber (Craig Parker), Ilythia's husband and the man responsible for Spartacus' enslavement, will be back in season 2.

Regarding the escaped slaves in Spartacus Season 2

With the Batiatus Ludus getting left in the bloody dust, where will that leave our heroes? Will they be on the run? &#8220;Part will be hiding and part will be guerilla tactics,&#8221; DeKnight stated. &#8220;As always, we'll take key moments from history to help us portray the story. You know, they head out to the countryside and cause a lot of havoc.

You know, it's interesting because historically they raped and pillaged their way through the land. But it's a little hard to portray your heroes as good guys if they slaughter children and raping women. But we don't pull back from the fact that they will kill a lot of Romans who they perceive to be the problem. But yes, they'll be on the loose, in the countryside, causing trouble and Glaber (Craig Parker), who will be the first person sent after them, will be hot on their heels.&#8221;

Last edited:
Looking forward to this so much! Any news when it is to be broadcast?

Am a bit worried it will not be the same without Andy as Spartacus though. Thought he was excellent in the first series. Wish him well too as the last picture I saw of him, he did not look good at all. :(
Fingers crossed the new guy fits the role just as good.

Very glad Lucretia is returning as well as the others. Will be nice to see more of the lovely naked Lucy Lawless & Viva Bianca!

Think they have pulled a great stroke including Gannicus is this series, as in my house, we dreaded the last episode, thinking he may be killed as he was not in Blood and Sand. Then we all know what happened! :thumbsup:

- forgot Ilythia was still alive :thumbsup: .. actually thought she had died a horrible death, when I was probably just recalling the horrid deaths of Gaia and the woman who Illythia murdered (Licinia)

Naevia recast as well? Well she's not a huge part of the show but it's still a shame they didn't use the same actress, anyone know why?

I would like them to do recap of season 1, refilming a bunch of scenes with the new actors so that we don't have that jarring change, especially in the case of Spartacus. I reckon if they reshot the scene of him being taken by the Romans, the scene of him holding his dying wife in his arms, and a couple of other landmark moments then that would work well. And for Naevia they'd only need to do a shot of her banging Crixius, Lucretia finding out and sending her away.

By Jupitor's pocking device!! :laugh::thumbsup:

Im glad Gannicus is making a return. I didn't really like the character at first, but by the end of gods of the arena i was cheering the guy on. Really can't wait for this. :thumbsup:

Naevia recast as well? Well she's not a huge part of the show but it's still a shame they didn't use the same actress, anyone know why?

When Season 2 was up in the air, the actress had relocated to Los Angeles (the series is filmed in New Zealand i think) and they couldn’t make schedules to work out. She has a recurring role on CSI: NY and other projects lined up.

The new one looks like one of those trouts who's overdone it with the collagen injections

The new one looks like one of those trouts who's overdone it with the collagen injections
but then again there was always plenty of silicone with the nudey extras in Blood & Sand's numerous orgy scenes

I remember it took me a while to warm to Whitfield - the whole show to be honest. So I trust them to have made the right decision with the new guy.

I remember it took me a while to warm to Whitfield - the whole show to be honest. So I trust them to have made the right decision with the new guy.

Me too. I almost gave up half way through the first episode - would have been a big mistake.

Looking forward to this.

MB

after more of him in Gods of the Arena, think I'll actually miss Batiatus and his turn of phrase the most
(To Doctore) "You have no mother! You were belched from the :censored: of the underworld - that's why I favour you!"

(To Syrians) "...You'll be parted from your :censored:s and crucified."

(To Solonius) "You counsel to suck the :censored: that :censored:es on me!"

(To Solonius) "And what does good Solonius receive to convince me to spread cheeks and accept deeper ramming."

"Once again the gods spread the cheeks and ram :censored: in :censored:ing ass!"

"At last, the gods remove :censored: from :censored:ing ass"

after more of him in Gods of the Arena, think I'll actually miss Batiatus and his turn of phrase the most

LOL! All classic lines from a good actor playing a brilliant character. Think I may miss John Hannah more than poor Andy Whitfield.

My favourite line from the gods of the arena was towards Batiatus:

I make you fair offer and you produce :censored: to :censored: on ME !

I intend to use it at work, but probably better for internal meetings...

Last edited:
Just finished S1 and the prequel so was time to read this thread.

Glad Ilythia and Lucretia are returning. Ditto Gannicus.

Shame Andy Whitfield is not returning as he was very good.

100% certain i'll miss John Hannah the most though.

Legendary performance.

Gratitude:thumbsup:

PS - any idea of a street date for this yet?

First look at Liam McIntyre in Spartacus Vengeance

spartacus4322.jpg

spartacus755.jpg

liammcintyre765.jpg

- Spartacus: Vengeance is getting a beautiful and vicious female gladiator
&#8220;She's a passionate competitor&#8212;both on the battlefield and in the bedroom.&#8221;

Last edited:
slightly off topic i know, but it's the penultimate episode of Blood and Sand on Sky 1 tonight :clap:

can't wait, and then for next weeks episode too. even tho i know how it ends, it's all been about the journey for me :thumbsup:

slightly off topic i know, but it's the penultimate episode of Blood and Sand on Sky 1 tonight :clap:

can't wait, and then for next weeks episode too. even tho i know how it ends, it's all been about the journey for me :thumbsup:

i know what you mean, flaming back to front producers:laugh:

i can understand why they do it with older stuff, but these should all have been done in sequence lol

i know what you mean, flaming back to front producers:laugh:

i can understand why they do it with older stuff, but these should all have been done in sequence lol

They weren't originally planning on doing 'Gods of the Arena'. The idea for it only came up after Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer and they couldn't go ahead straight away with a sequel to 'Blood and Sand' as they wanted to wait and see if he could do it.

'Gods of the Arena' was a way of doing more 'Spartacus' (which the network wanted) but without needing his presence. It also let us see more of some of the characters that had been killed off so thumbs up to that.

yes it is a great shame about Andy Whitfield :(

i do however maintain that it is better to watch GotA first, before B&S. obviously those that didn't know GotA was going to happen, can't help the order they watched. but i was fortunate enough to have the choice. and watching the rise of Crixus from the beginning, and seeing how everything sets up for B&S was awesome :clap:

i know seeing the end of B&S would annoy a lot of people, but then if you told someone not to watch the very very beginning of GotA, then you would miss that altogether and could more than happily watch it the chronological way :thumbsup:

i do however maintain that it is better to watch GotA first, before B&S. obviously those that didn't know GotA was going to happen, can't help the order they watched. but i was fortunate enough to have the choice. and watching the rise of Crixus from the beginning, and seeing how everything sets up for B&S was awesome :clap:

i know seeing the end of B&S would annoy a lot of people, but then if you told someone not to watch the very very beginning of GotA, then you would miss that altogether and could more than happily watch it the chronological way :thumbsup:

Please for your sake dont listen to this fool.
Anyone wanting to watch them watch Blood & Sand 1st then Gods Of The Arena.

The guy above has spent most of his life sniffing glue and its rotten his already tiny brain so all he talks now is rubbish utter rubbish :D

Please for your sake dont listen to this fool.
Anyone wanting to watch them watch Blood & Sand 1st then Gods Of The Arena.

The guy above has spent most of his life sniffing glue and its rotten his already tiny brain so all he talks now is rubbish utter rubbish :D

the 2nd half may or may not be true ;)

but the masses should dismiss the ramblings of a Camelot fan, and someone who i'm pretty sure would hold V in high esteem :D

basically you're always wrong Tones, and in this case there is no exception :smashin:

now back on topic!! i'm wondering when this is gonna hit the screens? i assume they are filming it as we speak? sooner rather than later hopefully.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom