• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Spartacus -Blood & Sand Blu-ray Lightning Deal at Amazon.com

Stuart

Distinguished Member
As per title. Price yet unknown but available in a couple of hours at 00:30 and I suspect it will sell out quickly

Black Friday Deals at Amazon.com

It's the 2nd mystery item with the clue "The Uprising of a Legend" (The 1st item with this clue is the DVD)

Last edited:

Marc

Distinguished Member
well i've got it in my basket but the way they've calculated it, the actual goods are £23 something.. it'll probably be hit by customs.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
well i've got it in my basket but the way they've calculated it, the actual goods are £23 something.. it'll probably be hit by customs.

That £23 includes shipping

The £18 customs limit is just the item cost excluding shipping which in this instance is safely under :smashin:

Marc

Distinguished Member
the item is still marked as $34.99 - the discount is marked seperately.. could be a risk

Items: GBP 23.26
Shipping & Handling: GBP 4.30
Promotion Applied: -GBP 0.00
Lightning Deal: -GBP 6.64

Marc

Distinguished Member
ah bugger it, there was 2 minutes left on the clock so i went for it.. hopefully it won't get customs charges or it won't have been worth it..

this sold it to me:
Enhanced digital effects have been added to several of the episodes, and as a Blu-ray exclusive, four episodes have been personally selected as "Directors' Cut Extended Episodes," featuring content too risqué, even for cable TV!

Last edited:

roverite

Banned
Taken from HMRC website:

"Are there any reliefs from Duty and VAT?
Yes, they include:
Goods of £18 or less in value (excluding postage, packing and other miscellaneous costs) this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters.
Gifts from one private individual to another providing the value does not exceed £36. (Exception: There is a very restricted gift allowance on excise goods but you are advised to contact Customs for further information.)
Personal effects of people returning to the EU after residing abroad.
Goods found to be defective or damaged or not otherwise as ordered. (Customs must be notified before qualifying goods can be returned overseas. Otherwise duty relief may be lost.)
Goods imported into the EU for processing and repair before re-export from the EU. (Your local office of HM Customs and Excise can provide you with further details.)"

My invoice from Amazon breaks down as follows:

Subtotal of Items: GBP 23.26
Promotion Applied: -GBP 0.00
Lightning Deal: -GBP 6.64

Totalling £20.92, including shipping. So minus the £4.30 shipping and handling fee and it comes to £16.62. If they try to charge any import fees, I will argue the toss as Amazon clearly state the item price as being less than £18 before shipping.

Last edited:

Marc

Distinguished Member
yeah, i hear you - i just know this has been a problem in the past, like when they've done a buy one get one free they've put the entire cost of both items on the package. They're a bit on the inconsistent side.. You can challenge the customs charge after you've paid it but it's a long drawn out process..

roverite

Banned
I understand your concern, I am concerned myself but life is about taking risks, right?

When I click on "do you need to print an invoice?" it breaks down like this:

Item(s) Subtotal: GBP 23.26
-----
Total Before Tax: GBP 20.92
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: GBP 0.00
-----
Grand Total: GBP 20.92

So as long as they declare that on the invoice, it should be fine.

Marc

Distinguished Member
arrived today with $26.55 as the item value, which is neither the price paid or the price before the discount.. no customs charges though :)

comes in sort of a hardback book inside a slipcase

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Is this nice?
I've got it on one of my bulk orders, works out at about £25/£26..
Means I get it before the UK release, although it is region A :(

roverite

Banned
Has it been sent yet, Spikey? If not I have a copy that I no longer need. I don't know the trading rules on here, so I apologise if I should not be posting this. I can do it for £21 + Postage if you are interested.

Is this nice?
I've got it on one of my bulk orders, works out at about £25/£26..
Means I get it before the UK release, although it is region A :(

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Has it been sent yet, Spikey? If not I have a copy that I no longer need. I don't know the trading rules on here, so I apologise if I should not be posting this. I can do it for £21 + Postage if you are interested.

Thanks anyway mate, but it's been posted :thumbsdow
So you might wanna list it in the classifieds :smashin: .
Jack

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom