Spartacus: 60th Anniversary Edition 4K UHD

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
I still haven't found the time to get round to watching the remastered blu ray, typical :laugh:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I still haven't found the time to get round to watching the remastered blu ray, typical :laugh:
The Blu-ray PQ is fantastic - reference or pretty close. Hoping the 4K can better it and if so, its a buy for me!

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
The Blu-ray PQ is fantastic - reference or pretty close. Hoping the 4K can better it and if so, its a buy for me!
Yes so I understand, it's just that I'm can't allow myself to watch it now this is coming out :facepalm:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Yes so I understand, it's just that I'm can't allow myself to watch it now this is coming out :facepalm:
Well you wont be disappointed if you do. I sold my steelbook a while back and I cant actually remember why - its paid off now anyway!

FevreDream

4K UHD Fan

Zoom emailed me to say 20th July for only £27.99 but as their ordering system is close to collapse think I will wait for other more reliable etailers to list it!

RedZep

I got the steelbook of this last week.

Really enjoyed viewing it again after, what must be 20 years, since it came out on DVD. A big upgrade!

The 4k really shows it's stuff on the landscape scenes, with thousands of extras milling about in perfect clarity. You can also make out the towel-like texture of the actors clothing. HDR exhibits new vibrance to red roman cloaks and armour.

There are some soft-focus shots, obviously Kubrick's intention to romanticise Varinia's part in the love story.

Soundwise I very much found the score in the foreground and quite dominant in places.

But most of all I'd forgotten just how good Charles Laughton was as Gracchus. He stood out, even against Olivier and Ustinov and really should have got the Oscar nod for this one...

FevreDream

Bluray-com review.

This is why I love when older classics get the 4K UHD treatment. We've already seen it this year with Lawrence Of Arabia and Jaws, and there are other examples from before this year such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, but it does really give these much seen movies a new lease of life.

dirk48

Novice Member
Hello ,

I don't find any information if the disc, has German track on board?

can somebody of the steenbok find out for me

thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom