Spartacus: 60th Anniversary Edition (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 20/07/2020

Relive the story of Spartacus, a genre-defining epic in 4K Ultra HD with HDR. Newly-remastered, this 60th Anniversary edition steelbook includes an extended version of the film, 4K Ultra HD bonus features, and Kirk Douglas Commemorative Art Cards.

Spartacus.jpg

Spartacus (full artwork).jpg

Attachments

• Spartacus (inside).jpg
    Spartacus (inside).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Spartacus (back).jpg
    Spartacus (back).jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Spartacus (open).jpg
    Spartacus (open).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Maybe I am reading things wrong or am just a tad cynical but I get the distinct impression that it is only the extras disc that is in 4k/HDR and that maybe the extended film itself is just a standard bluray. Can anyone correct me?

Just that the description seems to bang on about the extras being 4k but when mentioning the extended version 4k isn't mentioned. I had a flashback to Dr Sleep with a regular UHD and the extended version on Bluray only.

Thanks for the link I feel reassured about my preorder now!

Just that the description seems to bang on about the extras being 4k but when mentioning the extended version 4k isn't mentioned. I had a flashback to Dr Sleep with a regular UHD and the extended version on Bluray only.

Thanks for the link I feel reassured about my preorder now!

Most of time extras are not in 4K so yeah they certainly want to make that a selling point.

Time spent watching extras is time that I am not watching the film! Besides which with a film as long as this I need as much time as I can get!

Back up to pre-order at Amazon. Sold out again.
Link in OP.

Last edited:
Missed the release on this if anyone wants to move it on when received, id be happy to take it.

Missed the release on this if anyone wants to move it on when received, id be happy to take it.
I'm hoping it comes back in stock . I should have ordered it when it was first up for pre-order but as I already have a blu ray steelbook of this I wasn't sure I wanted another, now it's out of stock I know that I do want it. lol
I'd be surprised if Zavvi don't have it back in stock around release time.

I hope so as just been watching a review and they're saying the film is phenomonal, the steel isn't bad either haha

Also available from Europe guys....

I've ordered this on amazon. I've seen a review that compares it's quality to Lawrence of arabia on 4k bluray as the finest pq the reviewer had seen
old movies putting new films with all their technology firmly in their place when it comes to PQ and everything else
now there's a surprise.
It would be great to have the adventures of Robin Hood out on 4k blu-ray.

I've ordered this on amazon. I've seen a review that compares it's quality to Lawrence of arabia on 4k bluray as the finest pq the reviewer had seen
old movies putting new films with all their technology firmly in their place when it comes to PQ and everything else now there's a surprise. It would be great to have the adventures of Robin Hood out on 4k blu-ray.
This is mainly because they used high quality film stock & cameras, plus highly talented directors, set lighting & cinematographers who spent a lot of time & money getting a decent image!

Not every older film will look good though many are in a very bad state & will never ever get the big funds required to restore them sadly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom