1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spartacus 2 discer R2...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Family Guy, May 27, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody got/seen this yet? Another disc that's just crept out without an announcement.
    For the record, I haven't seen it yet, but it's £14.99 in Sainsbury's, comes in a nice white slip case, and, for those that are turned on by it, has a dts 5.1 track as well as the DD version...

Any comments on the set would be greatly appreciated - payday tomorrow :clap: :thumbsup: :beer:

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi AB,

I think that's a bit of a bargain. I paid about £22 for the Criterion version from CD Wow (who now have it for £14.99 also) 6 months ago. I believe this new R2 version contains all the same extras (and probably used the same source master) as the Criterion, but with the addition of DTS sound. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Read a review of this R2 version here:
    http://www.dvdbreakdown.com/titles/spartacus_CE.html

It says the following:
    "A double-disc set for Region 2 has recently been released by Universal across Europe, carrying the same extras as the Criterion set but spreading the film across both discs to accomodate the pointless French-language DTS track."

If this is correct, I can't imagine why they would add a French DTS track to an English language film, which then means that the film needs to be spread across 2 discs. If this is true, then the Criterion is definitely the better choice!

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    the 2 disc set on sale in wh smiths near me has just English audio in DD5.1 or dts5.1. It'll be the dts that throws it onto the 2nd disc I'd imagine, otherwise it'd fit on one disc fine like the previous version that was available.

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I notice Korea is getting a 2 disc DTS version and i would love to see it reviewed on these forum's.