Sparklies!

Les E

Has anyone encountered problems with a HDMI cable where it is producing white flecks of noise on the screen?

I am hoping to god it is the cable and not the DVD player (which I am on my third?).:(

srollings

Les

I notice you mention the DVD , but does it also happen when watching Sky and o you have the HD box on Automatic ?, if so try 1080i.

I asked this same question (in another area) but no replies.

Steve

Les E

Les

I notice you mention the DVD , but does it also happen when watching Sky and o you have the HD box on Automatic ?, if so try 1080i.

I asked this same question (in another area) but no replies.

Steve
I have only just noticed the the white noise on the DVD, Sky is fine! Wierd, because I have only just noticed it on the Pioneer screensaver against the black background.

loz

I have only just noticed the the white noise on the DVD, Sky is fine! Wierd, because I have only just noticed it on the Pioneer screensaver against the black background.
are the sparklies always in a same specific area of the screen?

There was a problem like this with a batch of Oppo DVD players requiring the video board to be replaced.

Brogan

Novice Member
Has anyone encountered problems with a HDMI cable where it is producing white flecks of noise on the screen?
I did.
It was with a 15m £50 Molex cable direct from DVD player to projector, sending a 720p and 1080i signal.

I swapped it for a 12m BetterCables cable from projector to Octava switch and then a 3m Molex cable from Octava to DVD player and now all is well.

Les E

I did.
It was with a 15m £50 Molex cable direct from DVD player to projector, sending a 720p and 1080i signal.

I swapped it for a 12m BetterCables cable from projector to Octava switch and then a 3m Molex cable from Octava to DVD player and now all is well.
I replaced the Chord HDMI cable with a QED HDMI-P and guess what...no sparklies!!

Weird circumstance was that I would watch a movie for say 2 hours then the sparkles would appear and progressively get worse if I watch another movie. However towards the end of a four/five hour stint of DVD watching if would calm down and eventually go!!

But since changing the cable everything has been fine!:thumbsup:

JohnWH

I replaced the Chord HDMI cable with a QED HDMI-P and guess what...no sparklies!!

Weird circumstance was that I would watch a movie for say 2 hours then the sparkles would appear and progressively get worse if I watch another movie. However towards the end of a four/five hour stint of DVD watching if would calm down and eventually go!!

But since changing the cable everything has been fine!:thumbsup:
Might be that the drive strength of teh DVD player changes as it warms up?? Shrugs.

Sounds like Chord cable company have a problem with their HDMI cables as you're the second person who I think has reported problems like this.

John.

Les E

Might be that the drive strength of teh DVD player changes as it warms up?? Shrugs.

Sounds like Chord cable company have a problem with their HDMI cables as you're the second person who I think has reported problems like this.

John.
It's interesting that Chord have been having these problems. Usually I cannot fault them as I have a 15m Chord from my Receiver to the Projector and 1.5m from Sky HD to the Receiver. Maybe a faulty batch!

JohnWH

It's interesting that Chord have been having these problems. Usually I cannot fault them as I have a 15m Chord from my Receiver to the Projector and 1.5m from Sky HD to the Receiver. Maybe a faulty batch!
Could be a faulty batch, but you'd think that given the premium they charge their QA would be a little better.

John.

kmark40

Novice Member
I have recently encountered this problem at 1080p using a PS3 and a HD-XE1 vis a Octava switch box. PS3 was solved after buying a mark grant 1080p cable and hokking up directly to the 2nd hdmi port on the TV. The HD-XE1 seems a little more complicated as I have to hook that up via the Octava switcher. I have tested the player using the 1080p cable and that eradicates it, so it isn't the player. The player is currently connected via 1.5m QED hdmi from the player to the Octava and a 2m Molex hdmi cable to the TV. I have tried replacing the Octava - TV connection with the 1080p cable and that definately "calms down" the sparklies. Just wondering if I am going to have to dish out for two 1080p cables either side of the Octava or whether it is a problem common to the Octava switch? :rolleyes: