• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

"sparklies"

12 promises

I Have Connected My Dvd A 11 To My Avr 3806 Via Dvi-d Cable And Using A Dvi-d/hdmi Connector At The Amp End But Am Getting The Dreaded Sparklies And The Odd But Frequent Red Line Flashing Across The Screen.
Is This Just Due To Poor Connection Or A Bad Connetor?
The Dvi-d Cable Is Fine Used Direct To The Tv.
The Hdmi Plugs Dont Go All The Way Into The Sockets On The Amp And Stick Out A Bit Like A Usb Would On A Pc,.........is This Right?

Jase

Distinguished Member
If the cable is fine direct then it would point to the either the Adaptor, Amp or cable from Amp to TV.

I'd just go directly to the TV personally.

12 promises

Problem Is I Bought The 3806 Because I Wanted To Use The Conversion Facility For My Pvr And Stb So The Hdmi Output From The Amp Is Going Into The Dvi-d Input On The Tv.(there Is Only One)
So,dvi-d From A 11 To Hdmi In On Amp And The Problem Was Solved..........except I Am Getting Sparklies. Can You Advise On The Hdmi Fit Question..should The Plug Go All The Way Up To The Shoulder Or Si A Bit Of The Metal Connector Always Exposed?
Thanx Again.

12 promises

"SPRKLIES" PROBLEM NOW RESOLVED BY INSTALLING A NEW DVI-D TO HDMI CABLE.
SO THE PROBLEM WAS THE ADAPTOR AFTER ALL,SHAME REALLY COS NOW I HAVE A 2MTR DUAL LINK DVI-D CABLE WHICH IS CONSIGNED TO MY CABLE GRAVEYARD!!:clap:

Bat-man

Not hijacking - just an aside ;)
[quot]HDMI connectors are a bit crap actually.[/quote]
I have never understood why AV connectors don't 'lock' into place with a simple clip or screw.

Jase

Distinguished Member
BNC connectors are great in that respect. Twist and lock. Once in, they ain't going nowhere. :)

DenonReceiver

Standard Member
Boys, you are absolutely right... Most audio-video connections are crap - bad engineering, poor design. Look at the SCART for example... it's a shame.. no lock, no nothing... it just slips out!

Same with the new standards - HDMI is a real fun. It's so loose and crappy... unbeliavable! And RCA as well... I always tighten the RCA plugs with pliers to make them secure and tough when connected... and its a 50 quid cable!... :rolleyes:

Only BNC and the old DIN standard are a way to go...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom