• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Spare wire in my daughters room

martindean32

Standard Member
Hiya all I have just moved house and found out that there is an existing connection from my virgin Tivo box which is downstairs going up into my daughters room and im wondering if I purchased a Virgin Box from someone on Ebay would it work as long as it came with a virgin card??? Or would virgin have to turn on the card themselves????? Its just that my daughter could watch it in her room if that is possible???? Please help???

Many Thanks

Martin Dean

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
They are sold on Ebay illegally - Virgin's cable settop boxes remain Virgin's property - they're effectively rented by the end user.
There's also a return channel (via different requencies on the same cable) back to Virgin allowing them to identify their individual boxes (amongst other things).

dante01

Distinguished Member
as above, plus the fact that any card that comes with a box will not correspond to your account or your address. The box will not be able to decrypt a signal without a card that is issued to your account. You may as well set light to your money as buy a Virgin STB on eBay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom