1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare wattgate 320 and toughplug. What inbetween?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by rigman, May 11, 2003.

1. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I have got a spare Wattgate 320 and a M&K toughplug. What make of mains cable in your opinion shoulkd I be looking to place in between them?

I ordered a few wattgates from the states to make some home brew mains cables but used sheilded control cable. I now want to make a superior mains cable to compare and are looking for suggestions as to what to buy which will blow away the cables I already have.

thx
    darren

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    I've recently tried ChrisVH's cable in between, and it's very good; but a bit of effort required, but it does give great results. I have also tried Eupen GNLM 05/04 from Audusa, which is excellent; albeit expensive at £40/m. Supra's LoRad is very good value for money.

StooMonster

3. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll second that, I've replaced just about every power cable with tough plug/lo-rad/wattgate combinations, it's a tight fit in both the toughplug and the wattgates, but worth the fiddling and gave me better results than an RA powerkord I tried fro about 1/4 the price :smashin: