Spare speakers

antighsiothail

After a house move I find I have 2 small satellite speakers spare. Have a 5.1 setup in the living room and thinking of putting these spares into the system. Amp supports front presence speakers and surround back. Not sure which to put them in as, where would be the best use, thoughts?

CaptainJames

After a house move I find I have 2 small satellite speakers spare. Have a 5.1 setup in the living room and thinking of putting these spares into the system. Amp supports front presence speakers and surround back. Not sure which to put them in as, where would be the best use, thoughts?

Depends on the room layout to an extent, but surround back channels are a discrete output on 7.1 sources, so would benefit from that, whereas front presence are not. Most of the time though you would be relying on DD Surround /DTS neural to upmix to the additional speakers.

My guess is that again you would gain more benefit from surround backs using upmixing, but you will not know for certain until you wire them up and try.

antighsiothail

Thank you for your reply. I was leaning towards using them at the back, wasn't too keen on mounting them on the wall in front, unless it would be really beneficial. Will give them a go at the back when we re-arrange after Christmas.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom