I’d thought about posting this on the DIY thread as the build progressed but never seemed to get round to it. So with some time off over the Christmas break and the project 99% finished I thought I would showcase the completed project here along with some in progress shots I took along the way. With the exception of the carpet fitting and final electrical inspection/ test, I did all the work over weekends and evenings between September and mid-December this year Our house is an Edwardian end of terrace and the converted room was a bedroom that the last of our kids vacated when they flew the nest a couple of years ago. Since then we had been using it as a Gym/Laundry, that was until I had the thumbs up to convert it to a dedicated HT. The room size is 3.90m long x 3.75m wide x 2.75m high. I wasn’t looking to create a family or media room I just wanted an environment to watch movies in the most favourable conditions possible within a modest budget. The aim was therefore to reduce light reflection and sound transmission as much as possible whilst keeping cost to a minimum. The visual side of things would be provided by a projector and sound by a 5.1 surround sound with cables installed for a 7.1.2 system in the future. As I mentioned earlier the budget was very modest. £5500 to be precise and this needed to cover building materials and AV equipment. In the end I spent just over £6000. I initially looked at creating a room within a room utilising acoustic plasterboard, green glue etc. but frankly the cost would have totally bust my budget. In addition I would still need to install acoustic panels to deal with sound reflection. So I went a different path, one that would incorporate acoustic treatment to deal with sound reflection and improve sound containment as well. Below is a run-down of what I did. Floor – floorboards were taken up and de-nailed. 100mm Rockwool RW45 was laid between joists and 6mm thick self adhesive, neoprene tape applied to the top of the joists to de-couple the joists from the boards when screwed back down. All board gaps were sealed with acoustic mastic and finished with Cloud 9 underlay and carpet. Walls – Three out of the four existing walls are plastered 9” brick. One is a party wall with our neighbour. Although this means I already have a decent amount of mass to prevent sound transmission I still wanted to deal with any sound travelling through gaps (flanking) and further reduce transmission through the wall. At the same time I needed to install sound absorbent treatments to deal with the new sound system. So I applied 50mm RW45 Rockwool batts fitted between 50 x 50mm timber battens. The battens, whose purpose was to provide support for the stretch fabric panelsm, were screwed to the existing walls with rubber grommets separating the battens from the wall surface. The Rockwool was glued to the wall using spray adhesive. The walls were finished with my home made stretch fabric panels. Cables were run in a timber trunking at skirting level. Ceiling – Over boarded with standard plasterboard. Mainly to cover up the old Artex finish. 100mm RW45 batts were laid in the loft on top of and counter to the joist direction. I also stuffed insulation into gaps and holes wherever I could find them. Door and Window – I have yet to fit the acoustic seals and absorbent panels to the existing door. I will do this soon as the door is now the main cause of sound leakage. I think I should say that I have no measured evidence to prove how effective my slightly unconventional approach to sound insulation has been. But, as the primary aim was to provide acoustic treatment rather than construct a sound proof environment I told myself that any improvement in sound containment would be a bonus. Now it’s all done I am very pleased and relieved to say that the room sounds great and the noise has been noticeably contained. I tend to play between -10 and -15db below reference and the bass is noticeable but not obtrusive in adjoining rooms and downstairs. Below is a list of the AV kit I installed:- Sony HW45ES Projector suspended from ceiling. DIY, fixed, 16:9 projector screen, 95” wide.(not sure of the diagonal) Denon x2400H Receiver. Oppo B93 Blu-Ray player. (second hand) Monitor Audio Bronze speakers., L&R front floormounts, with centre and surrounds on stands B&K P12-300SB DF Subwoofer. Amazon Firestick for Amazon video and Netflix. Below are photos of the completed room followed by in-progress shots taken as the work progressed.