1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spare Battery for NWHD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Cliver, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Cliver

Cliver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am shortly going travelling for 3 weeks and have been unable to source a spare battery for my NWHD5. Amazon say 4-6 weeks and dealers tell me this also. I was really hacked off as this was a major reason for me choosing this model. I thought as a last resort I would complain direct to the Sony UK Customer Information Centre about this matter. They initially told me that I had to order through a dealer as they dont sell direct to the public. I kicked up a bit of fuss about this saying I would return my NWHD5 to my dealer for a refund, as it was not going to be any use to me without a spare battery.
    To my amazement Sony seemed to find a brand new spare battery in just over a week (selling it for £23 which was ok) and delivered by recorded delivery in just about a week. Sometimes you need to complain,and if you dont get an acceptable answer take your issues further.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    :rolleyes:

3. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When we kicked up a fuss about our hard drive continously breaking on us we got it replaces with a 150gig 7200rpm! we orginally had 120gig 5400rpm

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Kicking up a fuss works WONDERS. People need to do it more.

5. KiNeL

KiNeL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Having come from 3 very happy years with an Archos Jukebox with easily replaceable AA rechargeable batteries:

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Archos_Jukebox_Recorder_20.html

and mindful both of the iPod's legendary battery problems and the difficuly, if not impossibility, of replacing a dead or dying battery in most MP3 players on the market, the HD5's removable battery was one of the first things which attracted me to it and a significant factor in my choosing to buy so I was a little disappointed to discover how difficult they are to obtain although hopefully that will change in the not too distant future.

However, with the claimed battery life (and I have only had mine for a few days so it's too early to tell) the mains charger, USB charging and a universal charger in my car, I can probably live without it but I will be getting one all the same simply to bath in the comfort of knowing that I've got it and that I can change it myself in an instant.

I accidentally dropkicked the Archos halfway across the checkin at Edinburgh airport by the way which understandably it didn't take too kindly to !