Sparc

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Thought I would add a new thread for this to see if I could drum up any interest.

The game is on sale at the moment for just over six quid. It's good fun if you like the more physical VR games.

The player base for the game is pretty small, usually only 10 or so online, but the games are 1v1 and only last a few mins so you don't have to wait too long for a match.

It is cross platform with PC too (but not for private games).

oakwood49

Bought it played it loved it. The tracking is spot on. Played with a mate online it's a right laugh. A good workout too you really have to move to dodge the balls as there's 2 in the game at all times You can build up a good sweat like when playing creed. well recommended from me.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Bought it played it loved it. The tracking is spot on. Played with a mate online it's a right laugh. A good workout too you really have to move to dodge the balls as there's 2 in the game at all times You can build up a good sweat like when playing creed. well recommended from me.
The few players that are online seem helpful towards newer players too. There was a guy last night who was giving out loads of tips to players on the best ways to throw and defend.

Plus, with it being VR, he can demonstrate the movements for you and gesture while he is talking.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Still playing this. It's one of my favourite VR games at the moment, along with Beat Saber. Can usually get a game pretty quick, despite the online player count being around 10 people!

On sale for 6 quid for another week.
What times of the day are you playing? Just wondering what times are more populated and is there a progressive ranking and achievements system?

Your persistent championing of this game is nearly convincing me to buy it but the reason I have not, is simply because I am not a multilayer person and only buy games that have single player campaigns.

But I love do physical vr sports games so because of you, Sparc is in my basket but pondering weather to click buy or not...!

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
What times of the day are you playing? Just wondering what times are more populated and is there a progressive ranking and achievements system?

Your persistent championing of this game is nearly convincing me to buy it but the reason I have not, is simply because I am not a multilayer person and only buy games that have single player campaigns.

But I love do physical vr sports games so because of you, Sparc is in my basket but pondering weather to click buy or not...!
My playtime varies. When I have been on, there is usually about 10 players in the game. This is a mixture of new and experienced players. The experienced players seem to spot the new ones and give out advice about the game.

There is no ranking or progression in the game. There are a bunch of single player challenges that help you practice, but it's primarily multiplayer.

Here's a match I played last night. The voice is the guy who played the previous match, giving some advice. He'd absolutely slaughtered me earlier!

oakwood49

Disappointed that there's no SP in this besides training. Games like racket fury have very good levels of AI players. Don't always fancy playing online against real people especially while you are learning a game.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Disappointed that there's no SP in this besides training. Games like racket fury have very good levels of AI players. Don't always fancy playing online against real people especially while you are learning a game.
Definitely a shame there isn't AI players in there. Make sure you check out the Sparc Players League group on facebook and the similarly titles community on playstation.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom