• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Spanish Football on Saturday not in HD

riquelme

Standard Member
Hi all,

according to the sky sport tv guide the two matches on Saturday
Giijon-Barca and La Coruna-Real Madrid are not shown in HD only
in SD on SKY Sport 4:mad::mad: but the matches on Sunday are shown
in HD:smashin:
Normally they shown the matches from Primera Division in HD but
this time not on Saturday:facepalm:that may not be true:mad:
Why they not show the matches in HD on Saturday?

Greetings riquelme

Coffin

Distinguished Member
I've not checked the site you refer to but this website reports both games you have mentioned will be shown in HD and the site is generally quite accurate

I would be very surprised if they weren't in HD, Sky have turned the corner recently in terms of live La Liga broadcasts and Barcelona/Real games normally get top billing.

Coffin

Distinguished Member
In the January issue of the Sky magazine it stated Sky Sport 4 HD would launch "sometime in 2010". That could be before this weekend :D

Best wait and see.. :rolleyes:

I

IanMerseyside

They were both in SD only. Couldn't work out why as there was certainly free space on one of the Sky Sports HD channels to show at least the second match. As far as I can work out SS4 is simply SS Extra re-named.

derek500

I would think it's due to the limited number of HD studios not the number of HD channels.

As the Spanish football includes UK presentation it can't be broadcast in HD unless there is an HD studio available.

This year as the PGA Golf is live and in HD they're using an HD studio Thursday through Sunday which doubles for the European Tour highlights programme.

Last year Golf Night used a 4:3/SD studio.

wednesday83

They actually broadcast the Spanish footy from and HD studio and the repeat later on the night was actually HD.

It seemed strange that they couldnt move the SD football first to sky sports 4.

riquelme

Standard Member
Hello,

can anyone give me a mail adress where i can complaint about that?
This Weekend they show the matches on Saturday in HD but on Sunday
in SD nor HD:mad::mad:
In the nearest weeks they Shown more games in SD as HD:suicide:
thats painful for sky

riquelme

Standard Member
Hi all,

i send Sky an email why does they not show more La Liga games in HD and they answer me that they try to broadcast more matches in HD where possible:mad::mad:
Now they show Saturdays Spanish Football not in HD but Sundays in HD.
Thats embarrassingly because Barca and Real playing often on Saturday:facepalm:
Dishonor over Sky,they not be able to show La Liga and Golf on the same time in HD.
Befor they show football in 3D they should rather show all La Liga matches in HD and not in SD.
Italian,Arabian and Albanian pay tv shows more football in HD than Sky UK.
There should take themselves an example how to show football in 2010.
I wish that ESPN has the La Liga rights,they show all Football matches who has a HD feed in HD.
Would i have the mail adress of the director of sky sports then i would send him a the same mail!
Greetings riquelme

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom