Reaction score
THe back of my tv resembles Spaghetti Junction much to the annoyance of my wife

My equipment is
Denon 1906 receiver
Denon DVD player
Sky HD box
Panasonic Blu ray
Samsung LCD about 2.5 years old

Someone has suggested I upgrade receiver to one that has HDMI in/out which will reduce cables. Any truth in this? Any other benefits. If I upgrade I'd like to get one that I can use to play music from my iPad via Bluetooth - I already do this with a small Pioneer unit in the kitchen and it works great
Thanks in advance

The only benefit of a HDMI receiver is that you will get HD audio with your bluray player. Other than that it will not make that much difference on the number of cables behind the unit. It would save one cable (would only need a HDMI for the bluray) and would mean only one cable from the receiver to the TV instead of having one from each source (but would still need one from each source to the receiver so not that much saving of mess. Unfortunately lots of cable mess at the back of the unit is pretty much the same for all of us and there is not much that can be done to improve this.

Hi.
Ish. HDMI carries both audio and video in one cable. It also enables ARC which can carry the audio from your TV tuner back to the amp. TV has to support this though, many that old don't.
It can also carry 8 channel PCM and the bluray HD-audio formats. And 1080p; few devices can manage 1080p via component, and in any case blurays will start downgrading the component output due to the entertainment industrys paranoia about copying.
Note if you're happy with your current setup, you could also buy something like Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics and take measures to disguise the spaghetti. Something like Philex - 27450R - Deluxe Cable Tidy Pack - 2 by 2: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics perhaps?
--
Regards, Iain.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom