Space X launch Saturday 30th May 20:22

Whereabouts do you look for the second pass?

The rate of increase in acceleration during the first stage was mind blowing.

Brilliant stuff.

Just fantastic, they even landed the damn thing on the barge :clap:

My Mrs is watching the launch with me, I said look there is the last bit to detach her reply was " what planet is that?" omg she thought with it travelling at that speed it would have made it to the next planet! in 13mins bless her.

Just fantastic, they even landed the damn thing on the barge :clap:

Or did they? All a bit convenient when the feed cut off and when it came back up it was there, landed on the barge. Maybe it was a case of ā€œhereā€™s one we made earlierā€ quickly wheeled into position while the feed was out:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Never in doubt - watched it with the fam.

Or did they? All a bit convenient when the feed cut off and when it came back up it was there, landed on the barge. Maybe it was a case of ā€œhereā€™s one we made earlierā€ quickly wheeled into position while the feed was out:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:D

I did think that for a second as soon as it happened.

Hopefully there are other cameras showing it. Otherwise it went down in the sea:rotfl:

Whereabouts do you look for the second pass?

West of South, very low in the sky. Red circle is the limit of vision - things outside it are below the horizon if you are in London. Anyone much North of London won't be able to see it.

1590868112471.png

1590868488748.png

Honestly! That was probably the most Impressive/Incredible thing... I've ever scene. :smashin:

So are those actual 'space' suits, designed to be 'space' survivable?. They look a bit casual :laugh:

View attachment 1309238

Honestly! That was probably the most Impressive/Incredible thing... I've ever scene. :smashin:

For me the Falcon Heavy launch still holds that honour, seeing those two rockets come down in unison and land almost at the exact same moment was like something out of Thunderbirds not to mention the fact they sent a red car with a dummy wearing a spacesuit out towards Mars:rotfl:

Grrr. Got large trees in the garden at South/South West. Might take a walk round the corner to the park so see if I can see the ISS/Falcon.

So are those actual 'space' suits, designed to be 'space' survivable?. They look a bit casual :laugh:
No. They're for if the cabin de-pressurises and they have to go for an emergency abort.

They are not designed to be worn out in space as they donā€™t have the life support requirements but they will protect them if pressure is lost during launch or re-entry, just updated versions of those orange ones they wore during shuttle launches.

ISS app says 20 degrees in the Sky at 2210. Pretty low. Thats from Notts. Gonna try and have a look as its only a 5 min walk to the park.

Such a cynic :D The barge landing vids are notoriously crap. The antenna's always effected by the thrust from the booster. If they were gonna fake it they'd just have a single pre-recorded succesful landing filmed and wheeled out whenever required they missed.

ISS app says 20 degrees in the Sky at 2210. Pretty low. Thats from Notts. Gonna try and have a look as its only a 5 min walk to the park.
You can't mistake it for anything else once you do see it, I had a big stint on spotting the ISS a few years ago, when I used to start work at 03:30 (My head hurts thinking about that!)
Nothing else moves like it, if it's a decent height above the horizon, you can get a good couple of minutes view time. :thumbsup:
Great launch, kudos to everyone involved, fingers crossed for the rest of the mission and safe landing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom