Space invaders on Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Taz, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    75p a min! used to be 10p a go!

Taz.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't see any reason why anyone with 2 grammes of common sense would bother with this.

I can't even see why Sky would actually spend money advertising 'Space Invaders' for 75p a go :eek: on prime-time TV! You could buy one of them wooden Atari's with the game for less than five go's!

Bloody ridiculous!

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I s'pose 75p for Space invaders is about right when a replay of the F1 Grand prix is £12!:mad:

Taz.:cool:

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    75p a session isn't it?
    Not that I'm bothered, games like that should be free if only to draw people into the active service.
    Mind you AMSTRAD are making a big deal of being able to play old spectrum games on that emailer thingy:)

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the same thing when I saw these adds. If I was Sky, I'd be a little less blatant about how expensive the games are... I mean, that's not exactly a selling point, is it?

Frankly, I'd like to see some unbiased (ie, non-Sky) information about their interactive services, and just how many people use them. I occasionally use the useful ones, like BBC's olympic coverage, but the interactive games and such just seem pretty lame. I guess these services cost Sky next to nothing, or they would have probably abandoned them by now.

Even the computer illiterate can go out and pick up a cheap Dreamcast if they want to play games. Personally, if I'm paying £30+ for my Sky subscription, I'm going to spend my time actually watching it, instead of playing simplistic games on it.

6. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As sky have spent loads on advertising the active side of their platform I would have thought a better marketing plan would have been to make these games free - add a couple of cult games with advert links and the subscribers using 'Active' would go through the roof. It must be the same as any on line advertising where the more people you have viewing your page / product the more you can charge your clients. I'm sure longer term it would bring in more revenue than the few thousand 75p's they will get