Space:1999 - Eagle Transporter Collection

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my 10" Eagle Transporter today from the Official Gerry Anderson Store.

The detailing and quality is superb but I most admit I was a bit taken aback at the colouring of the Eagle which appears much greyer to my tired old eyes than I recall it ever looking in the series on TV, DVD or Blu-ray. The Eagle always looked off-white albeit with wear and tear and dirt to give it a used appearance. This model though looks light great. But maybe that's just me? I'd be interested to hear what others think.

As a massive fan of the series (the avatar should have made that obvious!), I always wanted a miniature of the iconic Eagle Transporter, which I think to this day still looks futuristic and believable as a spacecraft. I remember spending years in my youth, back in the early 80s, trying to get hold of one of Dinky Toys Eagles and I did finally get one, although it wasn't in the best condition. Not sure what happened to that; I suspect it got put in the attic and left there when I moved in the early 2000s.

This cost £59.99 which is a bit pricey for a 10" replica but the fan in my tells me it is absolutely worth it. If I can used to that colouring...

I emailed for a delivery update and received a reply basically telling me like so many other companies they are dealing with delivery issues and couldn't tell me when it will ship!

Good news you got yours from the GA store but strange that I can't get mine from the actual publisher!

Not sure on the colour, like you I envisaged off white as the true finish.

I did take the plunge : for the money its not to bad at all but as above the colour seems a little off but other than this am fairly happy, quality is good but not as good as the Eagle's from my link above but then like all things you get what pay for but for £50 (10% off deal) i think it's worth it.

20210820_092826.jpg

Last edited:
Some Eagle fun & as we can clearly see our newest Eagle seems a shade to grey (I think) looks better under light though.

Last edited:
Mine is enroute via DPD - due withing next couple of hours.

@KiLLiNG-TiME thanks for the pic, looks pretty good.

@ Whitley Lad do you like your new Eagle?
Disappointed to report that it came damaged. Turning it upside down the fuel boosters are squint meaning that it pulls the whole rocket assembly at an angle when looking at it from the rear.
I've emailed them for advice on how to return for a replacement.

Must say I'm not 100% sold on the grey finish. Look at the old Product Enterprises Eagle releases, all definitely white. Same with the Product 16 ones, white.

Sorry to hear that it arrived damaged, just what you don't need, I hope you get a replacement sorted. Yes I agree the colour is a little to grey.

Product 16/12 are on another level hence the price.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that it arrived damaged, just what you don't need, I hope you get a replacement sorted. Yes I agree the colour is a little to grey.

Product 16/12 are on another level hence the price.
Received a replacement and all is good - apart from the colour!

Incidentally I see it is now available from Eaglemoss for £44.99!!!!!

Glad your sorted, re-price damn annoying isn't it.

Re-colour if your display area has a light (white) it will look much better 😉

Its a small part but we'll spotted.

I must have been to busy watching Caroline Munro ;)

I had a Dinky Eagle, and another that carried nuclear waste barrels, magnetically.

I'm almost tempted by these but I don't have much room, and I'm still waiting for the bloody Doctor Who figurine collection to finish.

I just got 2 of the Eaglemoss Eagles, the Standard and the Lab. I like the models, even if they are a little gray. I found it interesting that they both came with the same magazine. Has anyone else had this happen?

i had a Dinky Eagle too, had a green nose and i'm sure there was a blue version. Another lad at school had the one w/ the barrels underneath but i don't think i ever saw a lab one in the flesh. Can't recall it from the show either :-/

loved the guns, i used to have one that fired plastic discs :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom