Sp50l6hx + Hdcp

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by avinitski, Mar 12, 2006.

1. avinitski

avinitski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    ive searched the forums but alot of the talk is confusing me. is the Samsung SP50L6HX HDCP compliant?

Also on this set it has a combined HDMI\DVI port? how can they be combined as i thought DVI connector was alot bigger than HDMI? how can they both fit in there? im presuming im missing something really obvious here!

one last thing! i seem to find it really difficult finding reviews for this model, google brings up hundreds of price comparisons and places to buy but no reviews gggrrr! anyone know any reviews good\bad?

thanks in advance

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    When manufacturers state they havd a combined HDMI/DVI input they mean that it's usually one or the other which can then be used by either HDMI or DVI by means of an appropriate adapter, ie, it would be HDMI but DVI can be used with an adapter or DVI->HDMI cable. The SP50L6HX uses HDMI which is HDCP enabled.

If you do a search on here you'll get loads of reviews/opinions/info on this model. The best reviews are by the people who actually own and used it.

3. bones1958

bones1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Neil,
    Sure you've done a search by now - but in case you haven't - here is a link to my comments on the SP50L6 just a few days after I got it.

Can't say my views have altered in the slightest. Probably fair to say that it is a bit like a fine wine - it matures and gets better with age (been in constant use for 3 months now).

Hope this gives you a reasonable opinion/review of what the set is like. There is also a comment from another guy who bought one around the same time.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271088

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I wasn't the one asking for the information!

5. bones1958

bones1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Neil,
    Apologies :oops: My mistake.:suicide:

You're quite right it was 'avinitski' looking for advice. Hope he/she picks this up at some stage.