1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP50L3HX or SP50L7HX ? + DVI questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Phill1978, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    hi,

whats the diffo between the two ? sorry if this has been discussed before. Also are these any good for picture. i imagine 50" is pushing it for image quality from say sky digital or a xbox using scart (even if it is a good ixos-xbox scart :)

however it is a 1024x768 HD capable set so thats not too much problem, as sky hi-def is out soon and there are DVI DVD players around also PC games use higher res.

Would it be better to let my player decode the picture and then supply a component feed to this screen or DVI straight to it ? surley although you piping digital directly, it still has to be decoded from chip within the set, so if you have awesome decoding from a standalone DVD player and then feed progressive via component you are better off ?? :confused:

sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome............

I'm assuming your post refers to something like This . If so, there's a separate forum for Rear projection tvs etc..... no doubt the guys there will be able to assist, if you post your question over there.

This forum is aimed at front projection (ie projectors..)..... :) We laugh in the face of puny 42" screens, and giggle hysterically at the thought of a mere 50" of image.... 7' wide screens are our main sustinence :D [​IMG]

.... just kidding !!

Sean G.

3. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    yea i cant seem to find the rear-pro forum. could you supply me with a quick link. :blush:

i also love 7ft projector screens and they are definatley the future, but i cant justifiy bulb replacement or fan noise.