1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP4805 config settings

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 0B1-1, Jun 7, 2005.

1. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just realised that when I disable the prog scan o/p from my dvd player (harmon/kardon dvd22) and instead send an interlaced signal to my screenplay 4805 projector, I now have access to many more settings such as sharpness, luma etc.

My question however is this;

Using the thx optimiser for example to make changes to contrast and brightness for example, is it best to make the changes using the projectors' contrast and brightness menus or should I use the dvd players contrast and brightness settings?

Or does it not really matter?!!!! (I hope this makes sense!)

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    For some reason. It's normally always the display device that gets calibrated. On the bases that the source machine should be spitting out a calibrated signal at default settings.

3. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    O.k - I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as the picture looks good!

Am I right in saying that although my player is now sending a de-interlaced picture the PJ is still transmitting a progressively scanned image using it's on board faroujoua chip?

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    You are indeed correct in that assumption. Not only that, but unless you have a very high end DVD player, the Infocus is probably doing a much better job than you DVD player could too!!