1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sp46l6hx

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by thekingbeyond, Aug 2, 2005.

1. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Well my SP46L6HX came sunday morning, last night i rang comet to pick it up. :( .
    I see rainbows on it badly and my wife gets nauseous when watching it.Looks
    like dlp isn't for me. Shame, the only other choice 45inch and above is plasma(screenburn and expensive), crt rear pro(screenburn and bulky) and the lcd rear projection sets aren`t that good. I have seen a sony 60inch rear pro lcd for £1400 but no hdmi or component :mad: :mad:

Is my perception of the dreaded rainbow effect permanent or will it dissipate over time as i get used to dlp

2. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Also got our's delivered from Comet yesterday. I found that if I went looking for rainbows, by darting my eyes around the screen, then I could see them. Once I relaxed and watched some films (Haunted Mansion on Sky+, LOTR in DIVX), the rainbows went away. Also, try turning the contrast down a bit, to around 80% - 85%.

Not sure how long you've got with Comet, but I would give it a couple of days of normal viewing before sending it back. We're very impressed with the SP46L6HX. Of course, you might just be in the minority of people who will always be affected by the rainbow effect.

3. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Set it up with the digital video esential disc, contrast down to 54, as out of the box the contrast is way to high.Seems to be more a problem with dark scenes with lights, torches etc.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I know exactly how she feels. Sadly, you need another technology, I think.