1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP46L6HX, has it been fixed for gaming now?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by LRenno, Oct 8, 2005.

1. LRenno

LRenno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi i know this has been possted on previous threads but the question never seems to be answered.
    Im going to place an order for one of these sets tomorrow. I will be using this set to play with my new XBOX360 when it arrives in december. In the mean time i will be playing all current consoles on it via component cables, the xbox is softmodded to display HD, all other consoles are unmodded, though i have freeloader to play US games on the GameCube.
    My panasonic HD/DVD recorder will be rigged up via component i think unless this set has less than one component connector???
    I am wondering if i will get seamless playback from these sources, if people who own this set could please post if they have or haven't experienced problems. I heard it was the older generation Sp46....... that had the problem i don't know if this is true or not?
    Thanks for the help. :smashin:

2. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I too would like to know how the Xbox and gamecube work on this TV especially via the scart (RGB) with the sound going through an AV amp.
    Are there any lip sync issues with these game machines (and DVD) when the sound is going through and amp?
    Maybe Pauley could shed some light on the subject.

3. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Racquel - haven't used any gaming console on this set, but have used a PC for gaming on it and had no lag issues.

I am running my DVD player through an AV amp, furthermore I am running the main left and right front channels out of the AV amp pre-outs and into a hi-fi amp which is driving these channels, so there's plenty of scope for lip-sync delay there.

Pleased to say not a hint of any lip-sync problem - not had to re-adjust amp or TV settings. :thumbsup:

5. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Sounds like this could be the set for me. :smashin: