1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP46L6HX and the VGA port

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by polygon_monkey, Oct 27, 2005.

1. polygon_monkey

polygon_monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last night I decided to try my PC on my TV with a VGA cable (still waiting for my DVI->HDMI cable to arrive) and whilst it looks nice, I was dissapointed to find that the PC image didn't take up the whole screen. There was a 1" black border around the whole thing.

I was using a DVI->DSUB adaptor on my graphics card end and had the resolution set to 1024x768 initially (as the TV can't handle my monitors res of 1680x1050 and I can't pick 1280x720 when my monitor is plugged in) which had the black border. I then switched to 1280x720 which I thought would eliminate the problem as that's the TVs native res but they black borders remained.

Is there any way to fix this and will it be different when going through the HDMI port?

2. Snap

Snap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    there was a thread here not so long time ago about "pixel perfect" issue on Samsungs and how to get around it.

3. polygon_monkey

polygon_monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I figured out that when you press psize there are controls for changing the height/width/position like a monitor.