SP2309W vs S2309W for Stock Charting

Bhav

Standard Member
Hi Experts,

I am looking for some advice on which monitor I should go with.
Essentially all my monitor will be used for is stock charts (www.esignal.com). If you image Google for ‘esignal fx line chart’ you will what I mean.

Now the SP2309W has a resolution of 2048x1152 and the S2309W has a resolution of 1920x1080. What I am worried about is that on the SP2309W model the lines on my chart would be very small compared to that of the S2309W. For my requirements what do you people think would be better?

Also if I bought the SP2309W model and decide to change the resolution to 1920x1080 would this then replicate the S2309W model?

Any input would be appreciated.

cheers

mad pierre

Standard Member
Hi Experts,

I am looking for some advice on which monitor I should go with.
Essentially all my monitor will be used for is stock charts (www.esignal.com). If you image Google for ‘esignal fx line chart’ you will what I mean.

Now the SP2309W has a resolution of 2048x1152 and the S2309W has a resolution of 1920x1080. What I am worried about is that on the SP2309W model the lines on my chart would be very small compared to that of the S2309W. For my requirements what do you people think would be better?

Also if I bought the SP2309W model and decide to change the resolution to 1920x1080 would this then replicate the S2309W model?

Any input would be appreciated.

cheers

I dont know these particular models but the difference in screen resolution you mention is minimal.
The 1920x1080 is what is generally called 'full hd', but normally higher res is better.
Dropping the resolution to the lower setting (on the better screen) would not be a good idea as TFT screens have a "native" resolution, and any deviation from this tends to blurr lines and text (though not images), so that even if it got bigger, it wouldnt be any more readable.

Peter

Bhav

Standard Member
These are both Dell models. Really so there is not much difference with the resolution - thats good news.

Thanks for the advice, the dell rep said if you find the view too small then you can change the resolution to somethign lower to replicate the S2309W model - what a load of cobblers.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member

Both will have slightly smaller text and slightly thinner lines than a 'standard' 96dpi monitor but the differences will be small.

If somebody (you?) is going to be sitting in front of this screen all day then you'll want one when the minimum brightness goes down far enough as some LCDs tend to be too bright.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom