South Korea gets it right

chefkiss1.gif

Just posted in the wrong bloody thread. I need a child's time limit on the government one :laugh:

Meant to say here that South Africa have done a good job so far as well. With their community testing programme they had in place for HIV. All eyes will be on them too in the coming months.

Hopefully in future we will get a much better co-ordinated response worldwide for when this happens again. As so much needs to be learned from this - and never forgotten.

Just imagine if countries weren't *actually* a thing and people weren't so keen to hold on to ridiculous, antiquated, power structures and the power that comes with them. We could do so much together, and be so much more well informed about everything.

No-one has to lose their identity ... ugh ... I can't be arsed it's half one in the morning.

Really proud of the countries that have taken the lessons learned from themselves and the others around the world that have been hit by recent super bugs/viruses/pandemics. South Africa included!

Hehehe ... and yeah, @richp007 , I actually made sure I don't subscribe to that thread ... reasons I'll happily PM in the future ... can't be bothered to drag it over to this thread, though ... he says ... literally forgetting to touch wood, cross his fingers, etc, etc.

Just imagine if countries weren't *actually* a thing and people weren't so keen to hold on to ridiculous, antiquated, power structures and the power that comes with them. We could do so much together, and be so much more well informed about everything.

No-one has to lose their identity ... ugh ... I can't be arsed it's half one in the morning.

Really proud of the countries that have taken the lessons learned from themselves and the others around the world that have been hit by recent super bugs/viruses/pandemics. South Africa included!

Hehehe ... and yeah, @richp007 , I actually made sure I don't subscribe to that thread ... reasons I'll happily PM in the future ... can't be bothered to drag it over to this thread, though ... he says ... literally forgetting to touch wood, cross his fingers, etc, etc.

You need a crucifix and holy water before you go in, a wire brush and bleach when you come out :D

PM me anyway, now I'm intrigued :laugh:

It think with South Koria average age of 41 verse
Apparently South Koreans used to look to Europe as a model to aspire to. No longer.

I suspect much of Europe's descent into disease ridden failed states is down to Western exceptionalism. The belief, strongest of all no doubt in the likes of Johnson and Trump that this type of thing can't happen here, that it's a foreign, Asian problem. That somehow the West is better.

Things have you change if we make it through this. Whatever remains of the shattered European economies cannot be rebuilt on the same polluting, selfish models. That really is my only hope, that we learn and never make the same mistakes. There must also be retribution on a scale not seen since WW2. Johnson and his gang of sociopaths must go to jail for this. So many are now dead through his laziness, complacency, arrogance, and stupidity.
It seems an odd view as BoJo didn't cause the disease and has so far managed to keep the NHS up and running.

While a review of the care home system is surely on the card, this is something now has been addressing since I can remember.

Compared to US/India and many other countries it seems we have all done the same to save what we can of people finances and that will just on the tab. of central bank lending. Print more money and forget about it.

It a big thumbs up for Europe and the UK. Regarding pollution, Europe accounts for < 10% so another big thumbs up.

Agree the question remains does testing work and if so why do people show positive after recovery a question for South Korea. Hopefully we can learn from there approach, rather than look for someone to blame.

Taiwan and South Korea are about the only 2 countries that have done things effectively, the standard reply to that is usually because they have experience from other pandemics such as SARS.

What I don’t get is why the science that we seem to be guided by has us do the opposite of these more experienced countries like advising the public not to use false masks and to let people into the country completely unchecked.

Money

omg ... it was literally a matter of time ... hahahaha

This is great, but never would have happened in the UK. Putting the Government aside, the general public are their own worst enemy.

Also, they were ready for this having apps and contact tracing in place via mobile apps and a large manpower effort from previous outbreaks such as SARS.

Amazing how the knowledge we needed to do better was just sitting right there.

Greg is right though, it would never have worked as well here. No illusions there. But we wouldn't be flailing around in a panic like Jones from Dad's Army either.

Amazing how the knowledge we needed to do better was just sitting right there.

Greg is right though, it would never have worked as well here. No illusions there. But we wouldn't be flailing around in a panic like Jones from Dad's Army either.
Yup, whilst the compulsory military service in South Korea helps make them a less indisciplined population we could’ve at least used the summer months to deploy some of those tried & tested measures.

All very nice, but they're no Sweden.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom