Sourdough/bread making

It’s all part of the learning curve personally I’d of called the overprooofed one the mother in law special ,
on another note I’ve been in my Bakery all day and my fav product I made today whilst not bread was these vienesse whirls one of my all time favourites
EE5DB290-FCAB-4231-A46C-50A65D7559E7.jpeg

It’s all part of the learning curve personally I’d of called the overprooofed one the mother in law special ,
on another note I’ve been in my Bakery all day and my fav product I made today whilst not bread was these vienesse whirls one of my all time favourites
View attachment 1324835
Wow. I could really eat some of those. They look lovely.

Oh no... I can feel a ‘Biscuit/cake-making’ thread coming, can’t I?! I don’t need another hobby. However tasty it might be...

Oh no... I can feel a ‘Biscuit/cake-making’ thread coming, can’t I?! I don’t need another hobby. However tasty it might be...
I don’t need any more encouragement to turn my waistline into a coastline. :blush:

I don’t need any more encouragement to turn my waistline into a coastline. :blush:
I‘be definitely developed what I’m calling a ‘lockdown tummy’. Working from home has been fine but there’s no need to even walk to the shop for lunch. My exercise at the moment is pretty much walking around Tesco once a week to, err, buy food.

Desperately hoping nobody posts that rumoured croissant recipe...

I‘be definitely developed what I’m calling a ‘lockdown tummy’. Working from home has been fine but there’s no need to even walk to the shop for lunch. My exercise at the moment is pretty much walking around Tesco once a week to, err, buy food.

Desperately hoping nobody posts that rumoured croissant recipe...
I bought 3 at Lidl’s yesterday (as well as 3 pasties de nata) their bakery is just too delicious. I do not need to know how to replicate!

I bought 3 at Lidl’s yesterday (as well as 3 pasties de nata) their bakery is just too delicious. I do not need to know how to replicate!

now I have an old authentic recipie for Portuguese tarts,,,,,, I’ll get my coat

This morning’s walnut and pumpkin seed loaf with a couple of tablespoons of milk powder (full disclosure- I panic bought at the start of the lockdown, I drink tea and I wasn’t going to go without milk, I’m not a savage).
9E32FF5E-5768-4633-AE64-51ED971CC174.jpeg
692AD521-A20B-45A7-8265-72CC0F91BB92.jpeg

Great bounce, chewy texture, fab taste! 80% hydration, so not a particularly pleasant knead but I have to say I love the folding and shaping process, it just feels so good when the dough is full of structure and holds its shape, you just know that the slashes are going to burst up and out.

Oops sourdough Danish pastry stage uno, Slow progress I’ll update you in 24 hours :)

10FD5481-E555-4909-B7AE-A4D0BDCCCF2B.jpeg

Just made a walnut loaf for a friend. Super high oven bounce, deep slashes.
48C07364-1305-46C4-9593-83E5014D882D.jpeg

Looks lovely, I have a pumpkin seed sourdough proving, and for some reason I want to make a cherry and chocolate sourdough, probably because I’m on a diet.

And after getting fed up with no oven bounce recently I pop in some rolls to have with burgers and get balloons :laugh:

1593545062055.png

I made this focaccia on Monday. It stuck to the sides of the tin because I didn't oil it enough but otherwise came out easily from the base. It had a tremendous rise and tasted georgous.
IMG_20200629_180512012.jpg
IMG_20200629_180519336.jpg

Tesco had organic white rye flour today so I’m having a last attempt at a starter. It’s like a very thick paste at the moment so I’m not holding out much hope but we’ll see.

Also got some spelt flour so will give that a go at some point.

Persevere mate it’s worth it mine is hardy as it comes I neglect it sometimes for 2 weeks it comes back fighting!

Persevere mate it’s worth it mine is hardy as it comes I neglect it sometimes for 2 weeks it comes back fighting!
I’m determined to crack it. This rye one I’ve just started does seem more than a little solid, though!

38621650-41D7-4B18-8DB4-B259D7106248.jpeg

Rye can absorb about 2 times the amount of water as white flour I rarely use it an my business partner is allergic to it !

Mad this one yesterday Fridged for 28 hours baking it right now

2A419561-DB0F-43DE-BAD8-818FCFB0E445.jpeg

Big slash pre Dutch oven
66CE4462-03DF-4DE6-B340-ABB38DA8AE5B.jpeg

after 25 mins lid off
4CF98C55-E3B3-4BF3-B314-79C207CE9077.jpeg

Rye can absorb about 2 times the amount of water as white flour I rarely use it an my business partner is allergic to it !
That explains it! Any idea whether I stick with 50/50 flour/water (or grapefruit juice, as it was) ratio or up the liquid?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom