1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source switch?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by korman, Mar 7, 2005.

1. korman

korman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I would like to use my front speakers – Mission V63 for both, HiFi and AV. I looked back and found some threads on this topic with suggestions to use source switch box QED MA19. However is has been discontinued and I could not find any online shop selling it. Does anyone know if there is something similar on the market? I know that there is an option to connect speakers only to HiFi amp and feed it from AV amp preouts, but I do not like the idea to have both amps running when I just watch DVD. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    How about one of these

link

I use one for my rear speakers (Prologic tv or AV amp).

3. korman

korman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Mr Cheese!
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Do they provide a good connection?

4. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Would something like a decent gold/silver contacted relay do the job? I was wanting to do the same a little while ago with my setup and saw a circuit somewhere on the net (do a search uinder my name for thread) which had a couple of relays in.
    was thinking of doing this myself but wanted to get something that could be switched by IR.
    Anyone know of any discrete switches that could be controlled by IR and put inline with a coil for a relay, also any issues using this method?
    Sorry if this seems like a hijack - just didn't think it was worth starting another trhead :)

5. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The connections are quite good (screw terminals). If you have thick cables you may have a problem. The website says max 2.5mm diam. The wires to my rears aren't particularly thick so I dont have any probs myself. I've had this set up with this box for at least three years with no probs at all.

Hope this helps

6. korman

korman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mr Cheese, I assume that standard banana plugs won't fit, which is a pity.

7. avrookie

avrookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also looking for exactly the same source switch box for my tube amp and AV amp for connecting to 1 single pair of speaker. How's the quality of this BT32 box? Is it made in China? Does it affect the sound quality? Another better quality alternative?

Thks!