Source select switch with sub?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by jassi_hayre, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jassi_hayre

jassi_hayre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi All

I'd like to connect my stereo amp to my Anthony Gallo Adivas and Quad L2 Sub.

My problem is that the sub is located at the back of the room (Adivas at front) and at the time I only ran a single phono cable under the floor to it.

I've seen some switches which allow you to switch between two sources to one set of speaker but they appear to only allow you to connect two speakers using spring clips :confused:

Is there anything available to allow me to use the sub?

2. Don Dadda

Don Dadda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +730
    Hi

Which stereo amp and how are you connecting the Quad sub presently? sounds like the amp has a dedicated sub pre-out or using amplifier pre -outs

What are you trying to achive as i cannot quite make out what is it you want to do?.

Normally a source switch (like a Beresford 7220) would be used to connect 2 amps to 1 set of spks. A sub would be connected using its high level connections, if it has them, to the appropiate binding post on the switch, or the subs low level out inputs directly to the amplifier sub preout if it has them. Another way is using amplifier pre-outs directly to the sub