Sounds sync problem with Bush DFTA16 set top box

STFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I bought this set top box for my mum today, set it up, and although picture is great there is a sound sync problem.

Has anybody else come across this? Do I need to change to a different make box?

When looking at the info for each channel it shows a signal strength of between 60 and 80%, but as I say, the picture is good and not breaking up.

Is the sound sync anything to do with signal strength?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Unplug it, plug it back in and rescan for channels picking "first time installation" within the setup menu.
That often cures odd glitches like this.

Hi. I have had the very same problems with Two of these boxes purchased from Sainsburys.
I have emailed Bush Support & will let you know on here what the answer is! Hopefully a softwear fix, as the box is otherwise quite good & at £20, not a bad price..but watching snooker hearing the ball hit, before it has been hit is not an option!
Bob

Picked one up todaty for the kids room - same lip sync problems - its going back to Argos tomorrow

I really should search these forums more before I purchase!:suicide:

Tried manual update but no new firmware, noticed there is a USB port on it, anyone know the bush website?, maybe then can provide a firmware fix we can manually flash the device with...

second bush going back to sainsburys.....same lip-sync fault.
These are rubbish!

picked up one of these today as my old box packed in, I have the sam audio sync issues, bloody annoying!

Great news, get along to your nearest ASDA & buy a Pacific PSTB3...they are very very sensitive & resistant to impulse interfearence than any other box I've tried...they are £16...at the moment (inc two scarts, all leads etc), but expect them to go up as people find out what a great box they are! Oh...the sound & pic are in perfect sync too!
You may find they are tucked away on the top shelf, as they try & sell the £30 + boxes EG Philips that are useless by comparison!
Even in today's high pressure problems, it is coping well.
Very rarely do you get a screech from the audio...the most annoying thing that most other boxes do!
Bob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom