Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Soundproofing(paying someone to come in)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Eoghan, May 22, 2005.

1. Eoghan

Eoghan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently purchasing a terraced house and I have a fairly high quality home entertaiment system which after spending alot on I would like to feel I can use it any time day or night at fairly high volume. I am considering sound proofing my sitting room it would be have to be fairly high level of sound proof i want as little or no sound at all going through to the neighbours and i am just twant get around about idea of how much u think will cost to pay somone to come in and do it im not really into the diy side of things. It is a fairly small room 4.84x3.41m. the only reason i am sound proofing is so not to disturb the neighbours. my budget would be around 2,500 euros basically what i am posting for is to see if people think it could be done for this price or how much you would reckon i would be lookin at
    cheers
    eoghan

2. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Eoghan,
    To be honest you would be better off doing it yourself and saving the money.
    The first challenge you have is that you're in a terraced house. This means that you're probably sharing a lot of the house structure such as walls, foundations, roofing etc.

Some ideas....
    I'd take some of the 2500 euro and buy a few bottles of wine, get your neighbours in (from either side) and check with them when would be a bad time to play loud. You might be surprised... and it could go a long way toward avoiding hassles down the road if they already know you.
    Perhaps have them listen while you play loud and let you know if indeed the sound can be heard from the next house - it might not be as bad as you think.

Some other stuff that can help - speakers/stands on spikes, consider carefully where subwoofer is located, use neoprene sheeting to help isolate.