Question Soundproofing: Green Glue vs Techsound

Use a plasterboard lifter!

1617893447999.jpeg

I read loads of material online including Rod Gervais book before tackling my living room ceiling.

Couple of things that bothered me was the hype in regards the green glue method and how expensive it was and why they even can’t use a standard gun , but sell an over priced larger bespoke sized one. I’m sure it does the job , but I went the Tecsound 50 route sandwiched between 12mm plasterboard. its heavy stuff and adds lots of mass . It’s more substantial solution than green glue. But wouldn’t know it if it’s better or not.

As mentioned above using a plasterboard lift helped and not sure we could have done the job without it.

The Tecsound is a real pig to handle and use. It’s so damn heavy. And when you use the self adhesive stuff , real care is needed , because once it sticks there’s is no way to remove or un-stick it. If it folds on itself thats it you have to cut it out and throw away.
Other issues I had was with spot lighting inserted into the plasterboard.
We made a bespoke hood made out of plasterboard and plenty of fire proof sealant. Seems a shame to break into the ceiling this way , but after lots of fiddling about we seems to have got a workable solution. Very pleased with the results.

Had some great advice from SoundStop and can highly recommend them .

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom