Soundproof concrete floor? Help.

Secondhand

I’m converting my double garage into a home cinema. The house is detached with an internal garage and concrete floor. I’m sound proofing the walls and ceiling. Should I sound proof the floor as I don’t understand where sound will travel via the floor? Acoustic underlay or normal carpet underlay? The setup will 7.2.4 - mostly Monitor Audio Silver range if that helps.
DE930624-FDE5-4CBE-8CAC-6E44A9C44A4F.jpeg

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I would say, if you don't have anything under the floor, traditional underlay with a nice carpet should be suffice unless you want to use something better. Using soft furnishings will also aid the audio sounds to as cold hard surfaces are bad for audio :)

Secondhand

I would say, if you don't have anything under the floor, traditional underlay with a nice carpet should be suffice unless you want to use something better. Using soft furnishings will also aid the audio sounds to as cold hard surfaces are bad for audio :)
Thank you. Yes nothing will be under. Just above and to the side. I’ve seen some acoustic underlay that can reduce 45db. I think I maybe just paying a premium price for underlay when it’s not needed.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
What you don't want to do is deaden the room so that it kills the dynamics of the room. So as you have nothing beneath you, its most likely something you shouldn't need to worry about

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom