Soundcard with equalization

DustySox

Hi

I have set up wireless speakers at work for radio off the net. It works well. How ever, my soundcard has no tone controls.

Can you recomend a sound card that incorporates tone controls, so as I can "tweak" the sound, which at the moment is very bass heavy.

I should point out that one of the stations we are listening to has it's own player.

Regards

Darren

R

rbutler

Get any SB Live or Audigy card and use it with kx-project drivers. Even a 1998 SB Live Value will do the trick although the DACs will be better quality on a newer generation card such as the Audigy 2 ZS. The important thing is to ensure that it has the EMU10K1 or EMU10K2 DSP. The kx drivers let you use a 10-band EQ on Audigy cards (not sure about Live!) but there are various other DSP "apps" which give you various controls including one similar to the X-Fi's Crystallizer.

You can pick up SB Live!'s for around a fiver second hand.

DustySox

Get any SB Live or Audigy card and use it with kx-project drivers. Even a 1998 SB Live Value will do the trick although the DACs will be better quality on a newer generation card such as the Audigy 2 ZS. The important thing is to ensure that it has the EMU10K1 or EMU10K2 DSP. The kx drivers let you use a 10-band EQ on Audigy cards (not sure about Live!) but there are various other DSP "apps" which give you various controls including one similar to the X-Fi's Crystallizer.

You can pick up SB Live!'s for around a fiver second hand.

Hi rbutler

Thank you for your help. Certainly given me some where to start.

The speakers we are using work surprisinly well, but the acoustics of our work place are rubbish.

regards

Darren

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom