1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundcard recommendations?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by BenedictGilman, Apr 26, 2005.

1. BenedictGilman

BenedictGilman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to upgrade my system and would like to link my computer up to my stereo. The main thing I'll be listening to is streaming audio samples from online record shops so if anyone could recommend me a budget soundcard that would have the right outputs to link to a stereo and be reasonably cheap then I'd greatly appreciate it :)

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Basically any soundcard will do. The quality of music from these on-line stores is pretty mediocre by all accounts. Something as cheap and cheerful as this for a fiver would do.

Have you checked to see if your PC already has sound? Most PCs built in recent times have on-board audio which would be more than sufficient.

3. BenedictGilman

BenedictGilman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do already have on board sound but wasn't sure if I had the right plugs to link through to a stereo, it looks like I have the same plugs as the sound card you suggest but I wasn't sure how to link that to a phono input on an amp.

4. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Normally a 3.5mm headphone jack to 2 phono lead, goes from the green audio out to the phono inputs on your amp. Here

5. BenedictGilman

BenedictGilman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :blush:

When you put it like that it sounds really easy.