Soundcard Help

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by acg169, Nov 1, 2005.

1. acg169

acg169
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looking for some help, ive got a meridian 561 proc and im now in process of building a HTPC was in two minds whether to go for expensive soundcard and ditch the 561 or keep 561 if i keep 561 what soundcard do you guys recommend.

cheers

2. The Dude

The Dude
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,241
    not sure how good that procesor is.. but me personally, I'd say get rid and get yourself a decent soundcard and some poweramps.. :thumbsup:

I've got the MAudio FW410, a few here have got the RME HDSP9632, maybe 2 guys have the Lynx2, and somebody somewhere has an ESI (?) card that is meant to be a corker too..

I got rid of my Denon AVR3803 and went the full-on HTPC route, with decent amp/speaker/positioning you don't need all the fancy stuff that comes with a processor anyway, Theatertek 2 gives me all the adjustment I need.

The bonus obviously, is that for music you're running through the same high quality system, just using only 2 of the channels....

many will disagree, but I'd say the full-on HTPC with analogue multichannel output is by far the 'best' option if you have decent amp/speakers.

3. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    go the good quality soundcard route, you won't be disappointed