Soundbox problems

bluesa1

Novice Member
I have a Pioneer SBX-B70 Soundbox and, whilst watching TV last night I lost all sound completely.

When I took a look at it this morning, I checked all of the connections to make sure that they were secure and, there are no problems there. However, I noticed that when I press the 'On' button on the remote or on the unit itself, the blue light on the front illuminates but it only stays on for less than 5 seconds, this happens everytime that I try it.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem with this unit and, if it is, is it fixable by DIY methods please.

I have previously replaced items in a Panasonic Recorder before now with the help and guidance of members on here, and so if there is a fix I will be extremely grateful for any info.

Many thanks.

bluesa1

Novice Member
Have you tried that most basic of things which is to power cycle it?
Hello JayCee, thank you for coming in on this. Does Power Cycle simply mean disconnecting from the power and then reconnecting it, or is there more to it than that?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hello JayCee, thank you for coming in on this. Does Power Cycle simply mean disconnecting from the power and then reconnecting it
Yes, and best to leave it say 10-15mins before powering it on again.

bluesa1

Novice Member
If you are still viewing JayCee, I disconnected the unit from the power supply at about 5.30pm last night and re-connected it just now (9.30am) and the problem persists. Switch on, blue active light comes on and then in less than 5 seconds or so it goes off again.

Any further thoughts, or is it a case of the unit being dumped. The annoying thing is that it is not very old (out of warranty though) and it's a good make.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Any further thoughts, or is it a case of the unit being dumped. The annoying thing is that it is not very old (out of warranty though) and it's a good make.
Sorry, nothing else I can suggest.
Was it expensive & how long out of warranty is it?

bluesa1

Novice Member
It's most unlike me but, at the moment I can't put my hands on the purchase paperwork. I normally scan receipts and warranties etc. but for some reason I can't find anything other than the user manual.

I think that we have had it for more than three years, almost certainly out of warranty.

Anyway JayCee, thanks for trying to help.

bluesa1

Novice Member
Well folks, I have managed to locate the paperwork and, I'm pleased to say that at the time of purchase I took out a 6 year warranty, and so this morning I will be chasing them up to get it sorted.

I think the saying is 'happy days':clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom