1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundblaster problem

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by grayson, Apr 22, 2004.

1. grayson

grayson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to connect my Soundblaster audigy 2 digital connection to my amp so I bought a audio Toslink to Toslink and a digital Toslink to 3.5mm mini plug adapter but I cant get any sound. Can someone please help, I looked down the cable and the red light is comming through. Thanks

2. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Firstly, I wouldn't advise looking into the light ;)

Does your receiver lock onto a signal at all?? does it show that theres DD or DTS being received?

Dave

3. <<ERROR>>

<<ERROR>>
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly: what type of Audigy do you have? Only the Platinum (and direct variations) have a proper S/PDIF output.

The 3.5mm socket is purely for Creative's own brand of digital speakers. It might give you a 2.1 signal, but I don't know how you have set it up.

I don't know how to set this up - I have no amplifiers, etc. (sniff..), but I do have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro and I know that the 3.5mm jack will not output Dolby Digital or DTS under any circumstances.

Assuming that you have a Platinum or above card, and that you have connected the cable to the phono or optical digital out: try and test it with a DVD movie, and make sure that the player is set to S/PDIF Passthrough.

I think that I encountered this problem in another topic: have a look in the PC Gaming forum here (I think). In there is a somewhat more longwinded version of my response.

[EDIT]
    Oops, sorry. I just realised that you are the person that I responded to in the other forum and I managed to scare you off with my crappily-worded response.
    [/EDIT]