1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundblaster live to AV Reciever

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by paiger, Mar 27, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am attempting to hook my SB live card up to my AV amp with a 3.5 to 2 RCA cable and extensions plugged into the MD/DAT inputs on the amp. Problem is, the only output that seems to work on my card is the Front speakers one. When I plug the cable into this one the sound cuts out and even the desktop PC speakers won't work until I restart the PC.

Which socket should I plug into on the card and why don't the others work? Do I need to do something in software. Am using stand MS drivers at the mo but I'm downloading the Creative stuff as we speak.

All comments appreciated (except vile abuse of course).

Steve

2. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    analogue or digital?

if digital use top one(yellow)(on sblaster live 5.1 anyway)

if analogue use blue one (i think)(my pcs up other end of room to amp so i cant check now)

make sure you install all the creative drivers etc - i think you need audio hq to setup the cards outputs ( 2 speaker/ 4 speaker /5.1 etc)

hope this helps...

robwells

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, think I got it sorted now. Using analogue at the mo as my amp has only one coax digital input and thats for the DVD. Is it possible to convert a coax signal to optical cuz I have loads of those?

S

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Yes, but it will cost you about £70

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probly not worth it then unless I decide to turn my PC into a games console.

6. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could look around for a 2nd hand live!drive for your card - i`m sure thats got optical out... (or poss install another sound card just for digital out - takes a bit of setting up though!)

cheers robwells