1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundblaster Audigy 2 - Digital Out problems?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Ian Bill, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Ian Bill

Ian Bill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to connect my Media Centre PC via the fitted Audigy 2 digital out, to my Roksan Atessa DAC and then to a Cyrus 8 amp. I have two problems which I would really like some advice on:

Problem One: "Look before you leap", or "Never assume - Check!". I assumed, without looking at the back of the PC, that the SPdif out would be the normal phono connection so went out and paid £35 for a phono to BNC cable!! On trying to connect, I found to my embarrassed horror that it is a mini-jack connection - DOH! Does anyone know of any quality mini-jack to phono adaptors I can get? Secondly, should the mini-jack be mono or stereo (TRS)?

Problem Two: Been reading some conflicting information on the web which centres around the fact that the Audigy 2 digital out is primarily intended for connecting to digital speakers. Because of this, power, as well as the audio signal is passed through - with worrying thoughts of damage to my DAC.

Any helpful advice would be greatly received.