Question Soundbase upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a Samsung HW-H600 soundbase, im looking to upgrade hopefully and wondered what your suggestions are.

I would say my budget is around £400.

I currently have a 55" 8500 4K tv, nvidia shield.

I know my budget wont really allow for 4k passthrough with HDR so im just looking at max DTS and dolby.

I have seen a few I like,

Buy Philips Firestorm CSS5235Y 400W Wireless Surround System at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Home cinema systems, Home cinema systems and sound bars, DVD players, blu-ray players and home cinema, Technology.

Sony HT-RT5 Soundbar with 2 Wireless Rear Speakers (550 W, S-Master HX, Clear Audio Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and NFC) - Black: Amazon.co.uk: TV

Ideally I would like a separate receiver and speakers but I just dont have the room, also the misses wouldn't allow it lol so a soundbar/soundbase is my only option.

Regarding the 2 above, I will be able to get away with having 2 wireless speakers that can easily be moved.

It obviously doesn't have to be one with 2 wireless speakers, if I had to choose I would probably go with the philips as I have read some bad reviews on the sony, sync issues and units failing after a few months.

Cheers.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hello

Stay away from the Phillips!

Take a look at Sony ht xt3 and nt5

Both allow pass through of 4K HDR and are around your budget!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom