Soundbar with side firing speakers in the corner of room?

JimmyCC

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I am looking at getting a 5.1.2 dolby atmos soundbar, possibly the LG SN9YG to link up nicely with the LG CX I have.

The only thing is the TV is placed in the corner of the room so I'm not sure if the side firing speakers will just hit the wall straight away and not sound brilliant.

Does anyone know if side firing speakers will work when placed in the corner of the room please?

Thank you in advance!

It will not sound good, I used to have Yamaha YSP system that worked well placed in the middle of the room. When I moved the TV and sound could only go close to a corner and the YSP had to go, firing speaker do not work well if too near a wall

It will not sound good, I used to have Yamaha YSP system that worked well placed in the middle of the room. When I moved the TV and sound could only go close to a corner and the YSP had to go, firing speaker do not work well if too near a wall
Ok thank you for the heads up, saves me some money as well I'll just look at 3.1.2 soundbar deals! Don't suppose you have any recommendations? I was thinking the LG SL8YG

My room only allows a corner setting and I use a Yamaha Bar 40 + Rel R-205 sub and have added 2 Bar 20 rear speakers, this works for me

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom