Question Soundbar with Samsung KS8000

Night Hawk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought a Samsung KS8000 "55 and need to pair it up with a soundbar as the sound from the tv speakers is terrible. I'm looking at a price range between $800-1000.

I have looked at Philips Fidelio B5 which has gotten mostly favourable reviews and people have praised it as well. Although when looking at the specs it doesn't support 4k video. Does this mean I wont get the best sound possible from my tv/ps4 pro as it is 4k but the soundbar doesn't support 4k? I'm not a true audiophile so I don't understand all the techy stuff.

I've also looked at Harman Kardon SB 26, Sony HT-NT5, Sonos playbar, Samsung HW-K651. What I like about the Philips Fidelio B5 is the detachable speakers that can be used either for surround or as bluetooth speakers. I know that in this price range it won't be true surround but virtual.

I have a ps4 pro that I will hook it up to and will mainly use it for bluray movies and games, occasionally with music as well. I never watch regular cable tv.

Which soundbar would you recommend of these? Is there any other I have missed?

Cheers

I funnily enough am in the same position also with a KS8000 55" new TV.
I don't really want lots of speaker wires and in the small lounge I have only two double plug sockets so I've looked at Sonos, Bose and Yamaha soundbars and the Naim Mu-So to then be advised by RS to look at a AVR with speakers but I honestly don't know about all this stuff so advice would be helpful.
I have also read that the Yamaha 2700 soundbar is very good but I'm guessing it should be at £800

What did you end up going for? Considering a Samsung KS myself.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom